EDM 310 Class Blog

Contact Me

sallygajewski@gmail.com

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blog Post #16

If I was to describe myself in the teaching environment. I would have to say I would be restrictive at first just until I got to know my students then after a little while I would open up more but I am also kinda shy so it is no big deal. My friends and family seem to think I will b very strict and disciplined because I expect that from my children but that is not the case. I have always been told I am very good with kids and I like to think I am as well.

I still think keeping it old school is the best way to do it with pens, pencils, and paper. To me there is nothing wrong with it I don't and wouldn't want my students in the middle of doing a project or an essay and their tablet or what ever crash on them or they don't get it done because they are too busy playing games.

I did like and enjoy doing the project based learning. I felt it gave the teacher more time with the student in the classroom instead of the other way around I believe its called flipping the classroom. I think I would incorporate that into my way of teaching when I did the research on it the students and the teacher seemed to enjoy it more than any other method I have seen used.

Out of all the new tools I have used in this class I like the Prezi. It is easy to use and understand and I think it's one of the better programs to use if you are gonna use project based learning in the classroom. I feel that it is a good thing to use even though I was against it this entire time I feel it would be very affective.

Prezi:
Lets see what can be said about the program Prezi. I had the easiest time figuring it out and operating it. Everything is right there at your finger tips. I had a blast with it did several experimentations with it to get use to it. It was fun even had my children do it a few times. They had lots of fun with it and could use it so easily after the first time I showed them.

2 comments:

  1. Your reflective video is missing. That is akin to not taking the final exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I still think keeping it old school is the best way to do it with pens, pencils, and paper. To me there is nothing wrong with it " In 5 years it will be hard to find a school where this is the norm. get a job quickly and get tenure quickly or you may be relegated to the hinterlands! See my comment above about the missing video.

    ReplyDelete