EDM 310 Class Blog

Contact Me

sallygajewski@gmail.com

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Blog Post #10

Randy's Lecture


After listening to Randy's Lecture on September 18, 2007 at the Carnegie Mellon University. I have realized that by setting goals and having dreams and the aptitude to follow your dreams. You have to do it don't worry about failing. Failing is only a small part of it all. It is not about success or failure it's all about what you have learned along your journey.

Randy talks of his childhood goals that he made and set out to do. He did them well most of them, but he says " I'm glad i didn't get all my goals, I had more fun not succeeding then I did succeeding." He said he learned more from failure example he used was he never played in the NFL.

Then he goes on to talk about how he wanted to be part of disney imagineering. He talks of all the brick walls that was placed in front of him such as his advisors. He tells and shows photos of some of his first things he created and worked with.

After watching this video I was inspired to follow my childhood dreams even more. If we could reach a mass amount of students and help them succeed in following their dreams. Can you imagine the type of world we could have? There is no telling the amount of things we could learn not only as teachers but as students. I recommended to some of my co workers to watch this and they was inspired to follow their dreams as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally,

    I like that you pointed out that it's not about the success or failure but about what you learn along the way. I agree with that. Often times our failures teach us far more than our successes. I think teaching as many students as possible that all their dreams are possible is very important for us to do as educators. I can only imagine the type of world we would have! We would be so much more advanced.
    I saw a few grammar errors. Just make sure that you proofread before you post. I have to proofread more then once and then I usually find more errors after I post. So just be sure and double check yourself, and if you aren't sure, as I usually am, Google has all the answers!
    Overall, good job!

    ReplyDelete